Liveurope is seeking for a communication and projects assistant – trainee
Liveurope is a one-of-a-kind initiative bringing together 23 iconic music venues with the objective of promoting new European talent. Thanks to the support of the EU, Liveurope has supported over 3500 concerts with up-and-coming European bands since its launch in 2014.
To continue developing Liveurope and to make sure that the activities are visible to the public and to the international music community, an extremely motivated and very professional team is required in its coordination unit based in the internationally renowned venue Ancienne Belgique, one of the founding members of the initiative.
This is why we are looking for a communication and projects assistant (traineeship) (f/m/x)
Responsibilities/ Job description
- Actively contribute to the development of communication strategies
- Support the implementation of online and offline communication campaigns (social media, website, storytelling content, printed material)
- Help oversee exchanges between the members on the theme of environmental sustainability
- Collect data and maintain databases (e.g. press contacts, venues’ programming data)
- Provide administrative support to the team (e.g. reporting to the EU).
- You are enrolled as a student in the field of communications, cultural management, European Affairs or equivalent.
- You have a good command of English (at least C1 level): you are ready to interact exclusively in English at work and you are capable of writing creatively about music, Europe and international cooperation.
- You are passionate about live music and cross-border cooperation.
- You are creative, flexible, well-organized, work accurately and have an open manner of communicating.
- You have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office knowledge and are interested in social media and website management.
- You are based in Brussels or willing to relocate.
- 4 to 6 months full-time traineeship in a highly dynamic team. The traineeship will begin in September or October 2023.
- A monthly stipend, public transport allowance and access to live music concerts at Ancienne Belgique.
- Daily professional interaction with 23 European iconic concert venues, based in an internationally renowned concert venue.
- Place of employment: Ancienne Belgique (AB), Brussels.
Liveurope wants to reflect Europe as fully as possible. Ethnic/cultural minorities are encouraged to apply. Selection will take place based upon competence, irrespective of origin or sex. Ancienne Belgique, the coordinator of the platform, is a forerunner in the area of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector. Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.
To apply, send your résumé/CV and motivation via this webform before 15 August. We encourage you to send your application as soon as possible as interviews may take place on a rolling basis.