Europe Day at Ancienne Belgique
Liveurope proudly presents “Europe Day”, an event dedicated to everyone with an interest in Europe and music. The event will take place on May 9th, the official day of the celebration of the European Union, at Ancienne Belgique in Brussels.
What can be done for music to cross borders in Europe? How does music contribute to the European identity, and could music be the key to bring European citizens closer?
All these questions will be addressed during Europe Day, through a moment of exchange between EU policy makers, media representatives, civil society organisations and music professionals from various European countries:
• Laurent Marceau (Head of Eurosonic, European Broadcasting Union)
• Maarten Quaghebeur (President of the Belgian Music Managers Forum)
• Volker May (Director of FZW, DE)
• Olivier Toth (Director of Rockhal, LU)
• Karel Bartak (Head of Unit “Creative Europe”, DG EAC, European Commission)
• Vanessa Debiais-Sainton (Head of Sector, Erasmus +, European Commission)
• Marie Arena (Member of the European Parliament, BE)
• Allan Päll (Secretary General, European Youth Forum)
• Dirk de Clippeleir (Director, AB)
The debate will be moderated by the legendary Belgian journalist and musician Jan Hautekiet.
This event is hosted by Ancienne Belgique (coordinator of Liveurope), in cooperation with the European Commission, the European Broadcasting Union, and the European Youth Forum.
The debate will be followed by a series of concerts at the AB Club, involving some of the most exciting up-and-coming bands in Europe:
Forever Pavot (FR), followed by BOKKA (PL) and BRNS (BE).
The concerts will be broadcasted by Euroradio.
Follow this link to know more about the Europe Day concerts.