Liveurope is a one-of-a-kind initiative bringing together 21 iconic music venues with the objective of promoting new European talent. Thanks to the support of the EU, Liveurope has supported over 2700 concerts with up-and-coming European bands since its launch in 2014.
To continue developing Liveurope and to make sure that the activities are visible to the public and to the international music community, an extremely motivated and very professional team is required in its coordination unit based in the internationally renowned venue Ancienne Belgique, one of the founding members of the initiative.
This is why we are looking for a communication and projects assistant (traineeship) (f/m/x)
Responsibilities/ Job description
- Actively contribute to the development of communication strategies
- Support the implementation of online and offline communication campaigns (social media, website, printed material)
- Assist in the development of the platform’s new website
- Collect data and maintain databases (e.g. press contacts, venues’ programming data)
- Help with the organisation of the annual Europe Day event at Ancienne Belgique
- Provide administrative support to the team (e.g. preparation of meetings and events)
- You are enrolled as a student in the field of communications, cultural management, European Affairs or equivalent.
- You are passionate about live music and cross-border cooperation.
- You are creative, flexible, well-organized, work accurately and have an open manner of communicating.
- You have good command of English (at least C1 level): you are ready to interact exclusively in English at work and you are capable of writing creatively about music, Europe and international cooperation.
- You have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office knowledge and are interested in social media and website management.
- You are based in Brussels or willing to relocate
- 4 to 6 months full-time traineeship in a highly dynamic team. The traineeship will begin in February 2022.
- A monthly stipend, public transport allowance and access to live music concerts at Ancienne Belgique.
- Daily professional interaction with 21 European iconic concert venues, based in an internationally renowned concert venue.
- Place of employment: Ancienne Belgique (AB), Brussels
Liveurope wants to reflect Europe as fully as possible. Ethnic/cultural minorities are encouraged to apply. Selection will take place based upon competence, irrespective of origin or sex. Ancienne Belgique, the coordinator of the platform, is a forerunner in the area of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector. Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.
Send your cover letter and résumé/CV to the following email address: email@example.com until 10 December 2021.
Interview invitations will be sent to pre-selected candidates in the week of 13 December 2021.
Photo: Robin Aust