We are releasing today a new report to showcase our achievements in these past 7 years and highlight Covid-19's impact on the circulation of emerging acts. The report also throws the spotlight on the new activities we developed to continue promoting new talent through the pandemic.
Some of the key figures and takeaways include:
- Up until March 2020, the Liveurope venues were booking on average 63% more European acts than before joining the platform;
- Nearly 3000 artists got to tour with support from Liveurope in the past 7 years, including now established names such as Christine and the Queens (FR), Rosalía (ES) and MØ (DK);
- The number of venues in the platform has been growing progressively over the years. From 13 venues in 2014 to 21 venues in 21 countries today;
- The pandemic has deeply affected live music and reinforced the many challenges the sector already faced, such as the growing concentration issue in the music business and the decrease in diversity on European live events;
- Liveurope saw a 67% decrease in the number of up-and-coming talent touring in their venues in the last season in comparison to pre-Covid levels;
- The current easing of restrictions across the continent will not be sufficient without targeted investment and a coordinated EU approach.