Traditionally a platform for the finest local and international jazz performances, Blå has been the cradle of aspiring Norwegian musical talent. Historically, Blå is Oslo's most famous for its progressive jazz repertoire. Located in Oslo, among one of the most musically progressive regions of Europe, Scandinavia, a characteristic of Blå is striving to serve as a starting step for emerging local and international artists.
On February 28th, Blå celebrated its 20th anniversary. 2018 marks two decades since the establishment of this iconic venue Oslo. As a Liveurope member, Blå has secured its place in booking progressive, international, urban acts, encouraging quality music and becoming one of the cultural landmarks of the Nordic music scene.
News from Blå: Looking for a new General Manager
We are looking for a positive, structured and committed General Manager with the right skills and motivation to take BLÅ further into the future.
With it's unique history and 400 plus events a year, BLÅ is considered one of the most important and leading venues in Norway with a varied program spanning concerts, clubs, litterature, debates and various other events. BLÅ has just turned 20 years, and is now pursuing more ambitious and long-term goals than ever before.
BLÅ is and shall forever be in the forefront when it comes to being genre spanning, innovative and brave in it's programming. We will continue to stribe to be one of the best clubs in Europe but also aim to be the best on being local, with our fine looking terrace.
We are now seeking a General Manager who, together with our nearly 30 amazing emplyees, will continue to provide amazing experiences for our dedicated guests and for our random drop-in's.
You should be able to cutivate the best parts of BLÅ and at the same time see the potential in the many possibilities that are presented in the future developments. You have the curage to take risks, but also realize that solid management in the bottom end is key. You are like to work closely with people, have a high work capacity and a sincere desire to fulfill BLÅ's goal of making the invisible visible.
THE GENERAL MANAGER IS:
• responsible for the daily operations of BLÅ, including the economy, budget and human resources.
• responsible for managing the organization according to the guidelines and strategies adopted by the Board.
• responsible for ensuring that the organization has good management guidelines and instructions at all times, and that approved plans are implemented.
• involved in administrative tasks such as application writing and reporting as well as dialogue with public authorities.
• representing BLÅ in relevant industry forums at home and abroad, such as Liveurope, our European network.
• responsible of reporting to the board and prepares the agenda for board meetings.
• Relevant higher education.
• Administrative experience, financial competence and business understanding.
• Experience with personnel management.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English, and preferably also Norwegian.
• The ability to think strategically, work long term, targeted and structured.
• Experience from culture and nightlife is an advantage.
• Relevant experience and good references can compensate for formal competence.
• Varied work environment with great opportunities to shape it to your liking.
• The opportunity to make your mark on one of Europe's best club and concert venues.
• Spacious and informal office space by BLÅ, where we cultivate a social and dynamic working environment.
• Unlimited access to cultural experiences and your new future favourite artists at BLÅ.
• Flexible work day
• Wages in accordance with agreement.
• Access by appointment.
Send an application (w/CV) to email@example.com
Application deadline is MONDAY APRIL THE 9TH 2018.
If you have any inquieries, get in touch with:
Board member, co-owner and former General Manager Paal Mangerud (40 23 92 43 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
or Chairwoman Marianne Wilhelmsen (97 52 48 88 /email@example.com).
Photo Credit: Blå